Location: San Antonio, TX ●
Certification Credits: 30 IACP
Unveil the root causes for declining enrollment at your private-independent school. Join us and learn how to collect and use data to determine the nature of the decline—and to pinpoint specific strategies to address the contributing factors.
Is soft or declining enrollment keeping you up at night? Not sure what’s causing it? Get the “big picture” view of the factors most impacting your hard-income bottom line: your market position, your school culture, and the way you take care of your primary constituents—students and their families.
Join this workshop to walk through a root-cause analysis framework designed for private-independent schools. Learn how to collect and use data to determine what is driving—and challenging—your enrollment outcomes. Pinpoint specific strategies to address each factor affecting your enrollment. Walk away from the workshop with an enrollment management plan that focuses on your school’s unique needs, including three year-long goals with specific tactics and strategies designed to help you achieve them.
- Discover your school’s primary competitive edge in the private-independent school marketplace—and position yourself as an educational influencer within your immediate market.
- Validate your school’s mission experience for already enrolled families and effectively communicate that experience to prospective families.
- Ensure consistent messaging to students and families by getting all school staff and administrators “on the same page” to serve the same educational mission.
- Ask students and teachers about their experiences at your school—and have their answers inform your messaging and branding.
- Leverage your financial aid program in a way that serves your school’s community and its mission, instead of giving away money you may not have to families who don’t truly need it.
- Tap into a peer-to-peer network of admission professionals from all over the world.
- Engage in “great ideas” exchanges with fellow workshop participants.
Who Should Attend:
Admission Directors, Division Heads/Principals, Marketing Communications Directors, CFOs, Advancement Directors, and School Heads should attend. This workshop is ideal for teams.
Amy P. Riley, Ed.S., IAP-L
Amy provides ongoing consulting and coaching in the areas of admission, enrollment management, marketing communications, constituent relations, customer/client service, and school culture.
In addition to her consultation and coaching services, Amy's responsibilities at ISM also focus on:
- writing for ISM’s advisory letter Ideas & Perspectives, distributed to school leaders in almost 1,000 schools;
- leading marketing and enrollment management workshops and webinars; and
- offering ISM content, quick tips, and tools via LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
Amy has been a member of the ISM team since 2011, when she joined the faculty of ISM’s Advancement Academy. In 2013, she joined ISM as a full-time Consultant. She serves as Academic Dean of ISM’s International Advancement Certification Program and holds Leader (IAP-L) level certification in the program.
Amy has served educational institutions for more than 15 years. She was an educator at the public secondary and post-secondary levels; acted as Director of Advancement, leading admission, marketing communications and development; and functioned as an enrollment management consultant and school culture coach for private-independent schools.
Amy has led workshops on behalf of CASE-NAIS, FCIS, NCAIS, AMS, ACIS, EMA, and AISGW.
She holds a number of K-12 education credentials:
- Educational leadership and secondary English education certification, with gifted education endorsement
- American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) High School Journalism Institute Fellow
Amy earned an Ed.S in educational leadership, a master’s degree in English, and grades 6-12 teaching certification at the University of West Georgia. She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Auburn University, AL.
Schedule to be announced
Hyatt Regency San Antonio
123 Losoya Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
A group hotel reservation rate of $189 is available until October 5, 2020. Subject to availability. Please wait until the workshop status is 'confirmed' before making your travel and hotel arrangements.
Make your hotel reservations by calling 210-222-1234 and letting then know you are with ISM or Independent School Management Summer Institute
The closest airport is San Antonio International (SAT).
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these emails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials, breakfasts, lunch or dinner daily, and social hours are included.
What is not included in my registration fee?
Hotel accommodations and travel expenses, other meals not noted.
What should I wear?
Meetings rooms are generally cold, as temperature control in meeting spaces and large convention centers is difficult. Please bring a sweater, jacket, or sweatshirt.
What should I bring?
You’ll receive a letter from your workshop instructor letting you know what to bring. However, please bring a laptop or tablet for online access.
Can my special dietary requirements be met?
Absolutely. Just give the Workshops Department a call at 302-656-4944, and we'll make sure your needs are accommodated.
Should I need medical or dental attention, where should I go?
Should you need medical attention in a non-emergency, notify ISM staff and the hotel staff. The hotel can recommend what facilities are available, and may be able to supply transportation. In an emergency, call 911.
Event Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We take the health and safety of our school leaders seriously.
In an abundance of caution and to protect the health of all participants, ISM will hold its 2020 Summer Institute and Advancement Academy as distance learning events.
Should ISM cancel an event, we ensure a 100% money-back guarantee for all registrants—so you can buy with confidence. You can feel free to direct any questions to email@example.com.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for ISM’s Professional Development Events
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the event. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Event Experience Manager, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will not be refunded.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
If a member of your team can no longer attend a workshop for which they have registered and it is past the cancellation window, your school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at any time for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Event Experience Manager at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
6/18/2020 — 6/19/2020
Scheduling in a Pandemic: How to Create Your School’s Fall 2020 Schedule
6/22/2020 — 6/25/2020
Mastering Enrollment Management