Time: 11:00am ET -
As the Executive or Administrative Assistant, your supervisor relies on you to accomplish daily tasks. In order for this working partnership to be effective, you must have strong, open lines of communication and trust on both sides.
Join us to learn how to create and strengthen this partnership, ensuring you’re able to perform your job with ease. Explore how to anticipate your supervisor’s needs to be effective and successful in your role.
It can be frustrating to not have a communicative and trusting relationship with your supervisor.
- Do you feel you are always a few steps behind, unable to anticipate his or her needs?
- Do you find yourself outside some integral communication loops, so you can’t effectively support him or her?
- Do you struggle with how to insert yourself in virtual operation workflow, when you did not have to consciously do so when working on-campus?
- Do you worry about the value you bring to your supervisor and the school in a virtual operation?
Explore how to create and strengthen a long-lasting, trusting partnership with your supervisor.
You will learn how to:
- anticipate where you are needed so you’re better positioned to support your supervisor;
- practice effective communication strategies, accessing information that is critical for your success;
- support your supervisor whether you are working at home or on-campus; and
- enhance your role to increase your value.
After this online workshop, you’ll be:
- better positioned to anticipate your supervisor’s needs;
- ready to lead from your position by creating opportunities to appropriately access information that will help you do your job more effectively; and
- empowered to support your supervisor through an effective partnership.
This online workshop is for:
Executive and Administrative Assistants
Helen Foster, J.D.
ISM Consulting Manager
Helen’s corporate and public sector project management experience in the areas of procurement, education, and healthcare have helped her hone skills in marketing and sales, customer service, proposal writing, and workshop facilitation.
As ISM’s Consulting Manager, Helen helps ensure ISM consultants match their skills and expertise with private-independent schools across the globe. Helen brings over 25 years of diverse work experience to ISM, including a successful track record of for-profit consulting and nonprofit education and health care management.
Helen joined ISM as the Consulting Manager in July 2016 after one year as a Board member and four years as the Executive Assistant to the Headmaster at Saint Edmond’s Academy in Wilmington, DE.
Helen has worked across diverse populations, departmental lines and affinity groups to deliver superior project execution. Her collaboration with and work in support of peer, volunteer, senior and executive level stakeholders has been demonstrated numerous through board directorships, most notably as a Trustee with the State of Delaware Board of Pensions since 2003.
Helen received her J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law, her master’s degree in management from Lesley University, and her bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard University.
This is a distance learning event.
How it works:
- Synchronous learning will be held from 11 a.m.—12:30 p.m. and 3—4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, unless otherwise noted by your instructor, for the duration of the workshop dates posted.
- The rest of the time will be flexible for independent work, connecting with peers, and group learning
This workshop will deliver the same high-quality learning and takeaways you expect from an ISM workshop.
This workshop will be held virtually.
You'll receive login information after you register.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these e-mails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials are included.
Event Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We take the health and safety of our school leaders seriously.
In an abundance of caution and to protect the health of all participants, ISM will hold only distance learning events until further notice.
Should ISM cancel an event, we ensure a 100% money-back guarantee for all registrants—so you can buy with confidence. You can feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for ISM’s Professional Development Events
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the event. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Event Experience Manager, ISM, 2207 Concord Pike, #417 Wilmington, DE, 19803.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will not be refunded.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
If a member of your team can no longer attend a workshop for which they have registered and it is past the cancellation window, your school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at any time for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Event Experience Manager at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
9/15/2020 — 12/15/2020
Effective Boards: A Workshop for Board Presidents and School Heads
9/15/2020 — 9/14/2021
Executive/Administrative Assistant Group Coaching: September 2020