Time: 11:00am ET -
Learn unique processes and principles to address the specific scheduling challenges of the lower school. Discover what the ideal lower school schedule should include, identify your program and space requirements, and design a schedule with instructor assistance and critique that meets your school’s mission.
This workshop is now virtual! What that means for you:
REDUCED TUITION | SAVINGS ON TIME AND TRAVEL | SAME HIGH-QUALITY, IN-DEPTH LEARNING
We're all in this together.
Our professional development events offer guidance, support, and insight to help you lead from a position of strength during this unprecedented time. Let's work together to ensure you're equipped to enter the 2020–21 school year with the research and strategies you need to take on any challenge.
Limited Time Offer: Deposit and Defer Option
Attend any Summer Institute workshop with a $250 deposit paid by June 1, 2020. The remaining balance for your workshop is due by December 31, 2020. Email email@example.com to get started.
Team savings have been expanded for our summer workshops!
Would more than one of your school leaders like to attend Summer Institute? After your school registers your first workshop participant at the General price, all other attendees qualify for Second Person Pricing for any workshop. Call to register: 302-656-4944.
Create a schedule for your lower school that meets the needs of your students, reduces conflict, and helps inspire learning and creativity. Learn common challenges facing elementary school schedulers, how to maximize space and time, and the differences between vertical and horizontal time when creating a master design for your elementary school or division.
Work with your peers and the workshop leader to create a new schedule for your lower school. Share your completed schedule with the group and learn proven strategies for implementing your new schedule once you return to campus.
- Discover where your school currently stands, based on your unique data.
- Understand what the ideal lower school schedule includes.
- Work with your school’s space, time, people, and program limitations.
- Utilize strategies for time and space management.
- Lay the foundation for your new lower school schedule, including how to establish interdivisional and intradivisional time, personnel, and space.
- Create your new lower school schedule with the leader’s assistance and critique.
- Share your finalized schedule with the group.
- Return to school with a schedule (or schedule prototype) ready for the coming year.
Who Should Attend:
Lower School Heads and schedulers should attend.
Roxanne S. Higgins
ISM President | Director of Consultants | Executive Consultant
Roxanne is an expert in optimizing time, space, and personnel to help each school deliver a mission-appropriate program developed around the needs of its students.
Roxanne Higgins is the President of ISM and the company’s senior scheduling Consultant. She is responsible for the overall operation and management of the company.
Roxanne has worked onsite with more than 400 schools in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe, more than once with many of them. She taught the Scheduling Without Conflict workshop (now Student-Centered Scheduling) for many years, both at Summer Institute and during the school-year workshop program.
As an ISM Consultant, Roxanne:
- Provides scheduling services for schools of all types, sizes, and grade levels; key consultations include the intensive Schedule Analysis and onsite workshops for faculty and Scheduling Committees
- Delivers and facilitates the Scheduling the Elementary School workshop at Summer Institute
- Assists in developing content for articles in Ideas & Perspectives, ISM’s advisory publication, and for workshops
Her career at ISM began in 1984, after working briefly in international banking and teaching a course for seventh-graders in economics. Roxanne has served as an account manager for ISM Insurance Inc., was the Director of Management Institutes for six years, served as the ISM Consulting Coordinator for four years, and was Vice President for four years. She took the position of ISM President in January 1990.
Summer Institute will be held as a distance learning event.
How it works:
Summer Institute will be open from 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT through 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for the duration of the workshop dates posted.
During that time, you can expect:
- Two live sessions with your instructor every day, each up to 90 minutes long
- Flexible time for independent work, connecting with peers, and group learning
This workshop will deliver the same high-quality learning and takeaways you expect from an ISM workshop. The virtual workshop schedule is coming soon.
This workshop will be held virtually. You'll receive information after you register.
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these e-mails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials are included.
Event Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We take the health and safety of our school leaders seriously.
In an abundance of caution and to protect the health of all participants, ISM will hold its 2020 Summer Institute and Advancement Academy as distance learning events.
Should ISM cancel an event, we ensure a 100% money-back guarantee for all registrants—so you can buy with confidence. You can feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for ISM’s Professional Development Events
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the event. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Event Experience Manager, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will not be refunded.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
If a member of your team can no longer attend a workshop for which they have registered and it is past the cancellation window, your school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at any time for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Event Experience Manager at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Register for your workshop online by filling out the form below. If you'd prefer to register by PDF, download our registration form. It can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 302-656-0647.
If two or more team members from your school are registering for this workshop, fill out the form below for the first registrant. Click "add to cart" and select Add Another Attendee from the cart menu.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
6/18/2020 — 6/19/2020
Scheduling in a Pandemic: How to Create Your School’s Fall 2020 Schedule
6/22/2020 — 6/25/2020
Mastering Enrollment Management