Time: 11:00am ET - ●
Certification Credits: 30 IACP/30 BCP
Strategic planning can help reset a school’s direction and bring about meaningful institutional growth. This workshop will help you understand the important elements to create an effective strategic plan.
This workshop is now virtual! What that means for you:
REDUCED TUITION | SAVINGS ON TIME AND TRAVEL | SAME HIGH-QUALITY, IN-DEPTH LEARNING
We're all in this together.
Our professional development events offer guidance, support, and insight to help you lead from a position of strength during this unprecedented time. Let's work together to ensure you're equipped to enter the 2020–21 school year with the research and strategies you need to take on any challenge.
Limited Time Offer: Deposit and Defer Option
Attend any Summer Institute workshop with a $250 deposit paid by June 1, 2020. The remaining balance for your workshop is due by December 31, 2020. Email email@example.com to get started.
Team savings have been expanded for our summer workshops!
Would more than one of your school leaders like to attend Summer Institute? After your school registers your first workshop participant at the General price, all other attendees qualify for Second Person Pricing for any workshop. Call to register: 302-656-4944.
How do you assure your school can remain sustainable? Has the COVID-19 pandemic forever changed the face of independent schools? And how do you get the Board and the administration appropriately involved in working together to greater levels of success?
If you’ve asked yourself these questions, this is the ideal online workshop for you. We will explore what determines long-term sustainability for independent schools, how to make strategic tuition decisions even in uncertain times, how to monetize your mission, and what elements go into powerful strategic plans.
ISM’s 45 years of research has led to many ground-breaking principles of practice. We will discuss effective Board structure and explore the independent school marketplace so that you can fully embrace your school’s marketplace stance. You will also discover how to quantify your school's perceived parental value and demystify fundraising. This course is perfect for groups!
- Learn, use, and take home ISM’s 13-line financial planning model to support your school’s strategic plan.
- Identify your critical, high-impact, strategic numbers and translate those into an understandable, user-friendly communications tool for your Board and Leadership Team.
- Calculate your Stability Marker score using our proven criteria. (These are the items that strongly correlate to a school’s ability to sustain excellence over time.)
- Discover what your Stability Marker score implies for your school’s future so you can take action now.
- Understand ISM’s research-based system for constructing a strategic plan and supporting your strategic financial plan to serve as your six-year framework, with the flexibility to adapt to subsequent yearly changes.
Who Should Attend:
New and veteran Board Presidents, Chairs of the Finance Committee and other key Board-committee leaders, School Heads, COOs, CFOs, Business Managers, and other senior administrators should attend.
Terry L. Moore, BCP-E
ISM Executive Consultant
Terry shares his expertise with private-independent schools in strategic planning and strategic financial planning, strategic performance analysis, effective school operation, fundraising, faculty evaluation and compensation, and financial aid.
Terry has supported more than 200 schools on-site since 2002 through ISM, many multiple times. He also:
- Writes for ISM’s publications, including Ideas & Perspectives
- Created the ISM FAST program (ISM’s cutting-edge financial aid tool)
- Speaks at various conferences including NBOA, NYSAIS, CAIS, FISBO, and AISNE
- Leads ISM workshops and webinars
Terry recently completed a two and a-half year assignment at St. Mary’s School, Aliso Viejo, CA. He served as the Head of Finance, Operations, and Advancement. During that assignment, he continued to consult with ISM.
Terry has over 30 years of experience in both the profit and not-for-profit sectors. His professional background includes expertise in all financial matters of independent schools. Further, he specializes in many aspects of operations, safety and security, marketing, and fundraising. Because of the specialized niche of independent schools, he enjoys helping schools explore their mission statement articulation.
Terry’s professional experience includes work at two independent schools. In addition to St. Mary’s School, Terry was also at Trinity Academy of Raleigh, NC where he was a founder and served on the Board of Directors for six years, after which he was asked to become the Director of Administrative Services.
Additionally, Terry has served on the Board of several non-profits and the Vestry of two Episcopal Churches.
Terry earned a BS degree from East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, and has done graduate work at Regis University, Denver, CO.
Summer Institute will be held as a distance learning event.
How it works:
Summer Institute will be open from 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT through 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for the duration of the workshop dates posted.
During that time, you can expect:
- Two live sessions with your instructor every day, each up to 90 minutes long
- Flexible time for independent work, connecting with peers, and group learning
This workshop will deliver the same high-quality learning and takeaways you expect from an ISM workshop. Below you’ll find an overview of the topics covered.
Virtual Workshop Schedule (subject to adjustment)
Topic #1: Price Product Process Taxonomy
Topic #2: ISM Stability Markers
Topic #3: Strategic Financial Plan Format
This workshop will be held virtually. You'll receive information after you register.
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these e-mails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials are included.
Event Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We take the health and safety of our school leaders seriously.
In an abundance of caution and to protect the health of all participants, ISM will hold its 2020 Summer Institute and Advancement Academy as distance learning events.
Should ISM cancel an event, we ensure a 100% money-back guarantee for all registrants—so you can buy with confidence. You can feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for ISM’s Professional Development Events
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the event. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Event Experience Manager, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will not be refunded.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
If a member of your team can no longer attend a workshop for which they have registered and it is past the cancellation window, your school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at any time for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Event Experience Manager at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Register for your workshop online by filling out the form below. If you'd prefer to register by PDF, download our registration form. It can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 302-656-0647.
If two or more team members from your school are registering for this workshop, fill out the form below for the first registrant. Click "add to cart" and select Add Another Attendee from the cart menu.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
6/18/2020 — 6/19/2020
Scheduling in a Pandemic: How to Create Your School’s Fall 2020 Schedule
6/22/2020 — 6/25/2020
Mastering Enrollment Management