ISM Consultant | Director of Research
Bryan’s central purpose is to help students flourish. He believes that the enhancement of school environments and cultures is the best way to facilitate growth in children and adults.
As a Consultant and ISM’s Director of Research, Bryan:
- Oversees ISM’s research initiatives designing studies, conducting statistical analyses and advancing our knowledge in areas important to independent school leadership
- Conducts onsite scheduling consultations, having had extensive experience creating and implementing unique daily schedules and annual calendars for both boarding and day schools
- Helps schools analyze and strategies their strategic operations conducting Strategic Performance Analyses, Strategic Planning/Strategic Financial Planning, and Strategic Academic Planning consultations
- Writes frequently for Ideas & Perspectives and co-authors books in the areas of scheduling, student-centered policies, faculty growth and evaluation, finance, social-emotional well-being, and research
- Leads ISM’s Student-Centered Scheduling workshop and The Assistant Headship workshop
Bryan joined ISM as a Consultant in 2013, following 13 years in independent school administration.
Bryan came to ISM from Mount Pisgah Christian School, GA, where he served as the Vice President, Head of the Upper School, Guidance and College Advisement Director, varsity head coach, and psychology teacher over the course of his tenure. Prior to that, he was the Associate Head of School at Brandon Hall, GA.
He is also a licensed clinical psychologist whose practice specialized in the psychological assessment and treatment of adolescents and their families. This varied background and set of experiences affords him the ability to view a school’s form and function from multiple viewpoints, leading to solutions that take into account all perspectives.
Bryan holds a Ph.D. and master’s degree in clinical psychology from Marquette University, WI, and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Illinois. He also earned an MBA from Reinhardt University, GA, that focused on the application of business principles to the management of independent schools.