BCP Guiding Principles
As the private-independent school market continues to grow and develop, we are facing greater scrutiny by Boards and governmental authorities for standards and excellence. The ISM Business and Operations Academy has been developed to support the business and finance professionals in their diverse and difficult roles so that schools may enjoy stable operations. We exist to train, network, and support finance and operations professionals in private-independent schools.
Business and Operations Mission
- We support the mission of our schools.
- We understand that the culture of private-independent schools must be valued and
protected, and work tirelessly to support high performing faculty and student cultures.
- We ensure compliance with regulatory and governmental requirements.
Why Do We Do What We Do?
We are passionate about our schools’ missions, and are compelled to action. We arrive to work every day, not because we need a job, but because we believe we can make a difference within our school community.
How We Do Serve Our Schools?
All business and finance responsibilities follow sound business practices.
We support the Head of School and the Board of Trustees with accurate and timely data, financial planning, and asset and risk management. We efficiently and effectively administer financial and operational resources. Doing these well results in our school’s ability to operate optimally and to support and enhance programs and services.
All business activities are guided by our school's governance structure, and strategic/financial plan.
We support, maintain, and nurture relationships with the school’s diverse constituencies.
We know that families enroll in our school and that donors make philanthropic gifts because of their passion about our school's mission. We develop relationships with both internal and external constituents so that these relationships can flourish and our school’s reputation is spotless. We understand how finance and operations is critical to the day-to-day success of the school and strive to serve all constituents and gladness and attention to detail.
We ensure compliance with regulatory and governmental requirements.
The CFO is a corporate officer responsible for managing financial risks, financial planning, record keeping, and analysis. We ensure that the school’s operations are fiscally sound and comply with all governmental and regulatory requirements.
Core Values for Business and Operations Professionals
- The school’s mission should clearly reflect this commitment and finance and operations professionals are unwavering in their support of this commitment.
- The mission statement is not a meaningless set of words. It is values rich, and we endeavor to bring it to life.
- We understand that to represent our schools our relationships matter and we strive to build trust with each personal interaction.
- We understand and accept that private-independent schools are collegial in nature, and that student and faculty cultures are foundational to build a high-quality and enduring reputation.
- We understand that much of the information we deal with is highly confidential, and that the school’s reputation could suffer when privacy and confidentiality is breached. We safeguard all data and honor the privacy of all constituents.
- We are committed to professional growth, industry innovation, emerging issues and opportunities, and the utilization of effective tools to accomplish our work.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Terry Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep a copy of the originals of all submitted materials. Submissions will not be returned.