Your school’s facilities and grounds often comprise the “first impression” visitors—including potential students and their families—experience of your institution. Proper facility design and maintenance are critical components in how your school is portrayed to constituents and the public, and reflect strongly on your overall program.
Facilities Planning and Maintenance for Private-Independent Schools pulls together key ISM articles addressing plant and campus management—from determining educational specifications for available classroom space to developing a campus master plan to envisioning your facility needs in coming decades and much more. Here you will find the core principles for designing and maintaining your facilities and campus—preserving and enhancing your school’s unique character and program!
Learn how to:
- Establish cost-effective, sustainable building solutions
- Develop a checklist for a comprehensive long range property/facilities plan
- Perform a facilities audit
- Refine your deferred maintenance account
- Identify steps to improve security on your campus
- Provide for facilities rentals (and improve your auxiliary income)
- Plan for and prepare your school grounds for outdoor learning opportunities