This course is intended for the CFO (or anyone) who has “inherited” IT and technology roles—and all that may go with that.
Internet, intranet, BYOD’s, Facebook, texting, tweeting, friending, de-friending, commenting, sharing … on and on we could go … can be beneficial in many ways, but they can bring risk to the school as well.
These risks can include:
- Parent information
- Student health records
- Donor information
- Employee files
- School’s financials and data
- School’s Propriety data
- Illegal downloading
- Cyber Bullying and Sexual misconduct
- Violating employees rights
In this session we will review:
- The duality of technology: What’s good/what’s scary
- What’s at Risk
- Protecting your data
- Your School’s “ legal” rights & duties
- What should be in your Acceptable Use Policy (AUP
- That other documents your AUP should tie to
- Insuring the risk when “something” bad happens
Total run time is 60 minutes. The presentation will run approximately 45 minutes with 15 minutes designated for Q&A.