This Webinar is designed for administrators who are in a school that is considering moving to an extended-period schedule or that has recently done so. Many parents, teachers, and students are fearful of a move to longer periods either because they lack information or because they have received misinformation. In this Webinar, we will look at the most common concerns expressed by various constituencies and explain the research that allays them. For a schedule change to achieve its intended goals, the community must all be on board, or at the very least, have a willingness to try. As an administrator, you will be more prepared to address the fears and concerns in your community if you can anticipate them and are prepared to respond with data that puts the child at the center of the conversation.
You'll cover these topics and more:
- We won’t have time to cover all of the material
- I’ve heard disaster stories about schools that have moved to block schedules
- Test scores will go down
- Students don’t have the attention span
- I don’t know what to do with students for that long
- Textbooks aren’t designed for longer periods
Total run time is 60 minutes, which includes the presentation and Q&A.