This is a three-part Webinar series. It is strongly recommended that these sessions be taken sequentially.
Part Three: Against Bullying—Creating Healthy School Environments
You’ll cover these topics and more:
- The problem is not only that it’s against the law!
- Creating a safe environment for all
- Education and enlightenment
- Looking at your school’s core values and the spoken and unspoken values of your community
- Moving towards civility and respect
- Educators against bullying—in-service training
- Parents against bullying—partnering in educating parents
- Students against bullying—effectiveness of peer programs
Run time: Total run time is 60 minutes.
Is there anything a parent worries about more than their child’s safety? Is there anything more important to your school than the safety of your students?
Although bullying is not new, it has become a hot topic in the news, on teacher blogs, and across listservs, as disastrous consequences have forced us all to pay attention. Educators struggle to find ways to create healthy communities where bullying doesn’t happen. It has become more complicated as the means and opportunities have increased with increased technology and the opportunity for covert online bullying. The consequences of student suicide has resulted in changing laws and policies, which keep this subject on the top of people’s minds—especially administrators and school faculty and staff.
This Webinar series is designed to walk you through this complex subject matter covering areas such as the profile of a victim, the many faces of a bully, technology’s ever-changing role, laws and policies, how to create a safe environment, peer programs against bullying, educating parents, and much more.