Are you tired of going through the motions of traditional teacher evaluation, knowing that your efforts are doing little to actually improve teacher performance in meaningful ways? Do you wish someone could show you a better way to evaluate teachers—a way that actually spurs the teacher’s growth and development? If so, this Webinar is for you!
ISM recently introduced a new method for evaluating faculty that is gaining great notice in the private-school world … and we’d love to share all the details with you! We don’t believe that you can adequately assess teacher performance by once-a-year “observations,” examining test scores, or by other similar measures. We do believe that you can assess whether or not the teacher is engaging in behaviors and using techniques that are likely to result in greater student performance, satisfaction, and enthusiasm, the bedrock of your school’s ongoing success and sustainability. This Webinar covers ISM’s recommended approach to teacher evaluation.
You'll cover these topics and more:
- The 4 steps of ISM’s Evaluation and Growth Cycle
- ISM’s general faculty evaluation template
- Core Element: Using Basic Expectations and Characteristics of Excellence for evaluation purposes
- What Do I Write About? Using Comments and Examples Effectively
- What are the key elements that make up the structure and format of your letter?
- Related issues: performance ratings, the role of self-evaluation, and how evaluation can launch professional development
This Webinar is designed for Human Resource Managers, Heads, and Business Managers.