Penny A. Rogers, IAP-L
Penny’s experience in private-independent schools includes more than 13 years in all areas of advancement, including fundraising and admission. She specializes in the areas of marketing communications, enrollment management, and development, including digital marketing, social media, mission-based messaging, strategic enrollment management and marketing plans, and crisis communications and media relations.
As an Advancement Consultant and founding Advancement Academy Faculty member with ISM, Penny:
- Consults in marketing communications and enrollment management planning, case statements, message frameworks, and development assessments
- Teaches and mentors advancement professionals during ISM’s weeklong Advancement Academy
- Conducts workshops and webinars focused on marketing communications and enrollment management recommended strategies
- Writes for ISM’s publications, including Ideas & Perspectives
- Speaks at national educational conferences, including CASE-NAIS, EMA, and AISAP
She holds the Leader Certification through ISM’s International Advancement Program (IAP-L).
From 2013–17, Penny served as the Director of Admission & Marketing at Academy at the Lakes, a PreK3–12 school located in Tampa, FL, where she helped the school reach record application and enrollment numbers.
From 2009–13, Penny was the Director of Communications at Ravenscroft School, a PreK–12 school in Raleigh, NC, where she was charged with building the communications program from the ground up. In addition, she was the Annual Fund Director at Ravenscroft for two years.
Before her time in private-independent schools, Penny worked in publications and media relations for the University of Texas, the Memphis Center City Commission, and USA Synchro (National Governing Body for the sport of synchronized swimming) in Colorado Springs, CO.
She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.