Finances, facilities planning and management, HR, transportation, risk management, insurance—these are just some of the tasks that fall on your plate as the Business Officer. Your role is challenging—often a juggling act. You may find it easy to push your way through tasks without thinking about the underlying risks—especially if you're new to the realm of education. Your eye is on getting through your pile of to-do, not necessarily the latest rules and policies that may impact your processes.
This webinar is designed for the busy Business Officer both seasoned and new to private-independent education. We'll discuss three key functions of your position that have hidden risks and then take an in-depth look at Property & Casualty coverages.
You'll cover these topics and more:
Business continuity planning
- Identifying key business functions
- Reviewing what can interrupt these or prevent you from being able to perform them
- Thinking of ways to prevent or mitigate these occurences
- A time-table for recovery
Understanding your most important Property & Casualty insurance policies
- What is Property & Casualty insurance
- Who and what it protects
- Who and what it excludes
- The Business Officers responsibilities managing this coverage and claims
Reducing your risk when using vendors
- Trip protocols
- Best practices contracts (for vendors)
This Webinar is intended for the less-experienced CFO, as well as anyone responsible for managing risk management policies and protocol on behalf of their school.
Total run time is 60 minutes. The presentation will run approximately 45 minutes with 15 minutes designated for Q&A.