Time: 11:00am ET - ●
Certification Credits: 30 IACP
Unveil the root causes for declining enrollment at your private-independent school. Join us and learn how to collect and use data to determine the nature of the decline—and to pinpoint specific strategies to address the contributing factors. You'll also learn to anticipate what might be NEW enrollment management challenges in the wake of COVID-19.
This workshop is now virtual! What that means for you:
REDUCED TUITION | SAVINGS ON TIME AND TRAVEL | SAME HIGH-QUALITY, IN-DEPTH LEARNING
We're all in this together.
Our professional development events offer guidance, support, and insight to help you lead from a position of strength during this unprecedented time. Let's work together to ensure you're equipped to enter the 2020–21 school year with the research and strategies you need to take on any challenge.
Limited Time Offer: Deposit and Defer Option
Attend any Summer Institute workshop with a $250 deposit paid by June 1, 2020. The remaining balance for your workshop is due by December 31, 2020. Email email@example.com to get started.
Team savings have been expanded for our summer workshops!
Would more than one of your school leaders like to attend Summer Institute? After your school registers your first workshop participant at the General price, all other attendees qualify for Second Person Pricing for any workshop. Call to register: 302-656-4944.
Was soft or declining enrollment keeping you up at night before COVID-19? Not sure what was causing it? Get the “big picture” view of the factors most impacting your hard- income bottom line: your market position, your school culture, and the way you take care of your primary constituents—students and their families.
Join this workshop to walk through a root-cause analysis framework designed for private-independent schools. Learn how to collect and use data to determine what is driving—and challenging—your admission and enrollment management outcomes. Pinpoint specific strategies to address each factor affecting your enrollment.
Learn to anticipate what might be NEW enrollment management challenges in the wake of COVID-19. Walk away from the workshop with an enrollment management plan that focuses on your school’s unique needs, including three year-long goals with specific tactics/strategies designed to help you achieve them.
- Discover your school’s primary competitive edge in the private-independent school marketplace (before and after COVID-19)—and position yourself as an educational influencer within your immediate market.
- Validate your school’s mission experience for already enrolled families and effectively communicate that experience to prospective families.
- Ensure consistent messaging to students and families by getting all school staff and administrators “on the same page” to serve the same educational mission.
- Ask students and teachers about their experiences at your school—and have their answers inform your messaging and branding.
- Leverage your financial aid program in a way that serves your school’s community and mission, instead of giving away money you may not have to families who don’t truly need it.
- Learn how to strategically meet the emergent financial aid needs as a result of COVID-19 with “rainy day,” temporary aid awards.
- Tap into a peer-to-peer network of admission professionals from all over the world.
- Engage in “great ideas” exchanges with fellow workshop participants.
Who Should Attend:
Admission Directors, Division Heads/Principals, Marketing Communications Directors, CFOs, Advancement Directors, and School Heads. This workshop is ideal for teams.
Amy P. Riley, Ed.S., IAP-L
Amy provides ongoing consulting and coaching in the areas of admission, enrollment management, marketing communications, constituent relations, customer/client service, and school culture.
In addition to her consultation and coaching services, Amy's responsibilities at ISM also focus on:
- writing for ISM’s advisory letter Ideas & Perspectives, distributed to school leaders in almost 1,000 schools;
- leading marketing and enrollment management workshops and webinars; and
- offering ISM content, quick tips, and tools via LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
Amy has been a member of the ISM team since 2011, when she joined the faculty of ISM’s Advancement Academy. In 2013, she joined ISM as a full-time Consultant. She serves as Academic Dean of ISM’s International Advancement Certification Program and holds Leader (IAP-L) level certification in the program.
Amy has served educational institutions for more than 15 years. She was an educator at the public secondary and post-secondary levels; acted as Director of Advancement, leading admission, marketing communications and development; and functioned as an enrollment management consultant and school culture coach for private-independent schools.
Amy has led workshops on behalf of CASE-NAIS, FCIS, NCAIS, AMS, ACIS, EMA, and AISGW.
She holds a number of K-12 education credentials:
- Educational leadership and secondary English education certification, with gifted education endorsement
- American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) High School Journalism Institute Fellow
Amy earned an Ed.S in educational leadership, a master’s degree in English, and grades 6-12 teaching certification at the University of West Georgia. She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Auburn University, AL.
Summer Institute will be held as a distance learning event.
How it works:
Summer Institute will be open from 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT through 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for the duration of the workshop dates posted.
During that time, you can expect:
- Three live sessions with your instructor every day, each up to 90 minutes long
- Flexible time for independent work, connecting with peers, and group learning
This workshop will deliver the same high-quality learning and takeaways you expect from an ISM workshop.
Daily Schedule (Tentative) for June 22—25
- 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m. ET: Live instruction (synchronous learning)
- 12:00-2:00 p.m. ET: Solo and/or collaborative work (asynchronous learning)
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET: Live instruction
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. ET: Solo and/or collaborative work
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. ET: Live instruction
- 5:00-5:30 p.m. ET: Daily Wrap Up/Reflection
What you will learn
- An Enrollment Management Framework that makes clear factors of greatest impact on your enrollment outcomes
- How to establish clarity as to the school's primary marketplace stance and competitive niche
- How to create marketing messages that distinguish your program and experience from all others
- How to create a predictable and supportive school culture to maximize enthusiasm, satisfaction, and performance
- How to calculate highly predictive budget enrollment number
- How to manage the distribution of financial aid awards in a manner that preserves the school's strategic viability
- How to measure and validate your ROI for parents
- How to manage ALL of these things in the middle of a global pandemic
This workshop will be held virtually. Details will be sent to you after registration.
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these emails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials are included.
Event Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We take the health and safety of our school leaders seriously.
In an abundance of caution and to protect the health of all participants, ISM will hold its 2020 Summer Institute and Advancement Academy as distance learning events.
Should ISM cancel an event, we ensure a 100% money-back guarantee for all registrants—so you can buy with confidence. You can feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for ISM’s Professional Development Events
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the event. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Event Experience Manager, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- Cancellations received less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will not be refunded.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
If a member of your team can no longer attend a workshop for which they have registered and it is past the cancellation window, your school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at any time for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Event Experience Manager at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Register for your workshop online by filling out the form below. If you'd prefer to register by PDF, download our registration form. It can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 302-656-0647.
If two or more team members from your school are registering for this workshop, fill out the form below for the first registrant. Click "add to cart" and select Add Another Attendee from the cart menu.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
6/18/2020 — 6/19/2020
Scheduling in a Pandemic: How to Create Your School’s Fall 2020 Schedule
6/22/2020 — 6/25/2020
Mastering Enrollment Management