Location: Philadelphia, PA ●
Certification Credits: 30 IACP
Unveil the root causes for declining enrollment at your private-independent school. Join us and learn how to collect and use data to determine the nature of the decline—and to pinpoint specific strategies to address the contributing factors.
Is soft or declining enrollment keeping you up at night? Not sure what’s causing it? Get the “big picture” view of the factors most impacting your hard-income bottom line: your market position, your school culture, and the way you take care of your primary constituents—students and their families.
Join this workshop to walk through a root-cause analysis framework designed for private-independent schools. Learn how to collect and use data to determine what is driving—and challenging—your admission and enrollment management outcomes. Pinpoint specific strategies to address each factor affecting your enrollment. Walk away from the workshop with an enrollment management plan that focuses on your school’s unique needs, including three year-long goals with specific tactics/strategies designed to help you achieve them.
- Discover your school’s primary competitive edge in the private-independent school marketplace—and position yourself as an educational influencer within your immediate market.
- Validate your school’s mission experience for already enrolled families and effectively communicate that experience to prospective families.
- Ensure consistent messaging to students and families by getting all school staff and administrators “on the same page” to serve the same educational mission.
- Ask students and teachers about their experiences at your school—and have their answers inform your messaging and branding.
- Leverage your financial aid program in a way that serves your school’s community and its mission, instead of giving away money you may not have to families who don’t truly need it.
- Tap into a peer-to-peer network of admission professionals from all over the world.
- Engage in “great ideas” exchanges with fellow workshop participants.
Who Should Attend:
Admission Directors, Division Heads/Principals, Marketing Communications Directors, CFOs, Advancement Directors, and School Heads should attend. This workshop is ideal for teams.
Amy P. Riley, Ed.S., IAP-L
ISM Consultant | Director of Online Learning
Amy Riley has been a member of the ISM team since 2011, when she joined the faculty of ISM’s Advancement Academy. In 2013, she joined ISM as a full-time Consultant. She serves as Academic Dean of ISM’s International Advancement Certification Program and holds Leader (IAP-L) level certification in the program. In 2018, Amy became the Director of ISM’s Online Learning program.
In addition to directing the development of online learning, Amy's responsibilities at ISM focus on:
- ongoing coaching in the areas of admission, enrollment management, marketing communications, constituent relations, customer/client service, and school culture;
- writing for ISM’s advisory letter Ideas & Perspectives, distributed to school leaders in almost 1,000 schools;
- leading marketing and enrollment management workshops and webinars; and
- offering ISM content, quick tips, and tools via LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
Amy has served educational institutions for more than 15 years, as an educator at the public secondary and post-secondary levels; as Director of Advancement leading admission, marketing communications and development; and as an enrollment management consultant and school culture coach for private-independent schools.
Amy has led workshops on behalf of CASE-NAIS, FCIS, NCAIS, AMS, ACIS, EMA, and AISGW.
She holds a number of K-12 education credentials:
- Educational leadership and secondary English education certification, with gifted education endorsement
- American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) High School Journalism Institute Fellow
Amy earned an Ed.S in educational leadership, a master’s degree in English, and grades 6-12 teaching certification at the University of West Georgia. She earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Auburn University, AL.
Subject to adjustment
(Continental breakfast is available starting at 7:00 a.m. and breaks are at 10:15 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. daily.)
7:00 - 8:30 Registration and Breakfast
8:30 – 10:15 Session One
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 12:15 Session Two
12:15 – 1:15 Lunch with ISM
1:15 – 3:00 Session Three
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3:15 – 5:00 Session Four
5:00 – 5:30 General Session
5:30- 6:00 Reception with ISM
6:00 Dinner with ISM
8:30–10:15 Session Five
10:30-12:15 Session Six
12:15-1:15 Lunch with ISM
1:15-3:00 Session Seven
3:15-5:00 Session Eight
5:00–6:00 Reception with ISM
8:30–10:15 Session Nine
10:30-12:15 Session Ten
12:15-1:15 Lunch with ISM
1:15-3:00 Session Eleven
3:15-5:00 Session Twelve
5:00–6:00 Reception with ISM
8:30-10:15 Session Thirteen
10:30-12:00 Session Fourteen
12:15-1:15 Lunch with ISM
1:15-3:00 Session Fifteen
Hilton Penns Landing
201 South Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
The Hilton Penns Landing on the Delaware River, adjacent to Independence Seaport Museum and summer activities alone the river. It is the walking distance to historic Old City Philadelphia. Group hotel reservation rate of $209 is available until June 17, 2019. Subject to availability. Please wait until the workshop status is 'confirmed' before making your travel and hotel arrangements.
Make your hotel reservations by:
- Reserving your room online
- Calling 215-521-6500 and let then know you are with ISM or Independent School Management Summer Institute
The Hilton Penns Landing is pet-friendly. Please contact the hotel for details.
Delta Airlines is offering Advancement Academy attendees discounted fares. Click this link to get to Delta reservations. Fill in your departure city and destination (PHL). If the Meetings Event Code box is empty, use the Meeting Event Code NMSM8. You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1-800-328-1111, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code: NMSM8.
American Airlines is offering Advancement Academy attendees discounted fares into Philadelphia (PHL). Visit aa.com and select your flights. At the bottom of the passenger info form, you will see “Promo Codes and accounts.” Click “edit” and use code 9979BT. Then proceed to picking your seats.
Getting there from Philadelphia International Airport
DIRECTIONS: Take the Philadelphia ramp on the left to merge onto I-95 N. Take exit 20 for Columbus Blvd. Turn left onto S Columbus Blvd. Hotel will be on the right.
Distance from Hotel: 11.7 miles
Drive Time: 15 minutes
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these e-mails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials, breakfasts, lunch or dinner daily, and social hours are included.
What is not included in my registration fee?
Hotel accommodations and travel expenses, other meals not noted.
What should I wear?
Meetings rooms are generally cold, as temperature control in meeting spaces and large convention centers is difficult. Please bring a sweater, jacket, or sweatshirt.
Summer temperatures average mid-80s to a low of 65. It can get quite hot—into the 90s—and humid. The classrooms and guest rooms are usually comfortable, but you may want to dress in layers in case the rooms are too warm or too cool for you. Dress is casual. Wear whatever is comfortable—jeans, sweat shirts, sweaters, etc. For current weather conditions, we recommend checking weather.com.
What should I bring?
You’ll receive a letter from your workshop instructor letting you know what to bring. However, please bring a laptop or tablet for online access.
Where can I work out?
The Hilton Penns Landing offers a fitness center and a pool, as well as bicycle rentals. Since the hotel is located on the river, you have easy access to walking in Old City, as well as on the riverfront.
Can my special dietary requirements be met?
Absolutely. Just give the Workshops Department a call at 302-656-4944, and we'll make sure your needs are accommodated.
How much free time will I have?
There are periods before, between, and after workshop sessions for relaxation, recreation, and socializing.
Should I need medical or dental attention, where should I go?
Should you need medical attention in a non-emergency, notify ISM staff and the hotel staff. The hotel can recommend what facilities are available, and may be able to supply transportation. In an emergency, call 911.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We will correspond with you through email as soon as your workshop is confirmed, no later than two weeks prior to its start date. Occasionally, we may be forced to cancel an unconfirmed, scheduled workshop due to insufficient registration. So we ask that you do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive notice that your workshop is confirmed. (ISM will not be responsible for any change/cancellation charges assessed by your airline or travel agent.)
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for In-Person, Group-based Programs
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the in-person, group-based program. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Professional Development Coordinator, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made less than 15 business days before the start of the program. For registrations paid for with membership Gold Dollars, the member school will receive a 50% refund of Gold Dollars.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
Should an attendee need to cancel less than 15 days prior to the start date of the workshop, the school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at anytime for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Professional Development Coordinator at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our workshops and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your workshop for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Exceptional Training for Private-School Leaders
7/8/2019 — 7/11/2019
Mastering Enrollment Management
Status: Confirmed • Location: Philadelphia, PARegister
11/6/2019 — 11/9/2019
24th Annual Heads Retreat
Status: Open • Location: Tucson, AZRegister