Time: 3:30pm ET - ●
Certification Credits: 30 IACP
New to the Admission Office? This workshop is designed to introduce Admission Officers to the big-picture view of factors most impacting a school’s ability to recruit and re-recruit mission-appropriate students. Get a firsthand look at ISM’s admission funnel model; You’ll observe sound strategies, common pitfalls, and well-developed solutions to some of the issues most frequently arising in private-school enrollment.
Explore how to start your role in the Admission Office on the right foot. Get the big-picture view of factors most impacting your school's ability to recruit and re-recruit mission-appropriate students. This includes a firsthand look at ISM’s admission funnel model, observing sound strategies, common pitfalls, and well-developed solutions to some of the most frequent issues arising in private-school enrollment.
Learn key professional traits and office management skills—along with marketing strategies and communication tools—that will prove priceless in your team’s pursuit of visits, inquiries, and viable applications. Working with your workshop leader and colleagues, engage in a forum to hear research-driven strategies and new ideas. Leave feeling inspired and confident about your new role, with an action plan in hand.
- Discover how to communicate your school’s mission and values to generate more inquiries, campus visitors, and applications from mission-appropriate families willing and able to pay full tuition.
- Develop a strategy to re-recruit your current students and families with accurate value propositions that reflect your school’s true mission.
- Analyze your school’s placement, messaging, and “edge” within its local educational marketplace through data analysis and community feedback.
- Build a culture of customer service at your school that permeates day-to-day activities, tours, and special events.
- Create a plan to work with your School Head or immediate superior to establish achievable goals that contribute to your school’s overall recruitment efforts.
Who Should Attend:
Admission Directors, Officers, and personnel with three years or fewer of experience should attend.
Leader to be announced soon
Schedule to be announced soon
Location to be announced soon
How will ISM communicate workshop information with me?
It is essential that your school approves the following email addresses from ISM:
You will be receiving all communication—including your confirmation email and access to your workshop's Google Drive account—from these emails.
What does my registration fee include?
All workshop materials, breakfasts, lunch or dinner daily, and social hours are included.
What is not included in my registration fee?
Hotel accommodations and travel expenses, other meals not noted.
What should I wear?
Meetings rooms are generally cold, as temperature control in meeting spaces and large convention centers is difficult. Please bring a sweater, jacket, or sweatshirt.
What should I bring?
You’ll receive a letter from your workshop instructor letting you know what to bring. However, please bring a laptop or tablet for online access.
Can my special dietary requirements be met?
Absolutely. Just give the Workshops Department a call at 302-656-4944, and we'll make sure your needs are accommodated.
Should I need medical or dental attention, where should I go?
Should you need medical attention in a non-emergency, notify ISM staff and the hotel staff. The hotel can recommend what facilities are available, and may be able to supply transportation. In an emergency, call 911.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We will correspond with you through email as soon as your workshop is confirmed, no later than two weeks prior to its start date. Occasionally, we may be forced to cancel an unconfirmed, scheduled workshop due to insufficient registration. So we ask that you do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive notice that your workshop is confirmed. (ISM will not be responsible for any change/cancellation charges assessed by your airline or travel agent.)
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for In-Person, Group-based Programs
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the in-person, group-based program. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Professional Development Coordinator, ISM, 1316 N. Union St., Wilmington, DE, 19806.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made less than 15 business days before the start of the program. For registrations paid for with membership Gold Dollars, the member school will receive a 50% refund of Gold Dollars.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
Should an attendee need to cancel less than 15 days prior to the start date of the workshop, the school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at anytime for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Professional Development Coordinator at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
1/27/2020 — 1/31/2020
Status: Confirmed • Location: Wilmington, DERegister
7/6/2020 — 7/8/2020
Strategic Financial Planning – A Comprehensive Approach
Status: Open • Location: Philadelphia, PARegister