Who specializes in Long Term Disability Insurance for private schools?
ISM's Independent School Group Life and Disability Insurance Trust (IS/IT®) provides group Life and Disability Insurance specifically designed for private-independent schools.
Since 1978, we have dedicated ourselves to providing high quality, cost-effective group insurance coverages through out Independent School Group Life and Disability Insurance Trust. Our benefits are designed to provide faculty and staff a source of income for most any eventuality. When a disabled faculty member is ready to return to the classroom on a less than full-time basis, our liberal partial disability benefits make it economically feasible.
ISM Trust Group LTD Coverage Highlights
- Choice of 180-, 90-, or 60-day qualifying (elimination) period.
- Choice of 60% or 66 2/3% benefit, to a maximum of up to $10,000/month (higher maximum available with underwriting approval).
- Additional 20% benefit through "Activities of Daily Living" feature.
- Liberal definition of disability including benefits for the partial loss of occupation OR earnings.
- Extended protection is available for key administrators who regularly work more than 40 hours per week.
- Minimum benefit of the greater of 10% of gross monthly benefit or $100.
- 6-month survivor income benefit.
- NEW DIRECTIONS? Employee Assistance Program, including face-to-face counseling.
- $350 monthly family care benefit
- Coverage continued during sabbatical leave.
- Conversion privilege for terminating employees.
- Continuity of coverage provision for disabilities due to pre-existing conditions.
- ISM's focus is on policy private-independent schools: We've been specializing in the industry for three decades.
- Superior customer service is synonymous with ISM. We're most proud of our advocacy role. Our staff will assist you with every aspect of your plan.
Available Additional Benefits
- 3% annual cost-of-living adjustment.
- Pension supplememnt/retirement savings benefit of 5-15% of a disabled employee's monthly salary paid to the school's pension plan on behalf of the disabled employee—for deposit into the employee's 403(b) or 401(k) plan.
- $200 monthly medical insurance premium payment benefit.
- $3,000 critical illness benefit.
- Housing allowance benefit for boarding school personnel who reside on campus.
To find out more about ISM's LTD Insurance services for private-independent schools, email Bill Amos, or call 302-656-4944.
The Independent School Group Life and Disability Insurance Trust (IS/IT) is underwritten by Union Security Insurance Company, rated "A-" (Excellent) by A. M. Best. Products and services marketed by Assurant Employee Benefits are underwritten and/or provided by Union Security Insurance Company.