articleheader isahfaq

International Student Accident and Sickness: Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll (or re-enroll) for my insurance?

You can enroll online and pay with a credit/debit card.

Why should I select the International Student Accident & Sickness Plan offered through ISM Insurance, Inc.?

The plan is underwritten by ACE American Insurance which is an admitted carrier rated A+ through AM Best. ISM has been in business for over 40 years and is the only comprehensive consulting firm servicing private/independent schools with a client base of 3000+ schools and insuring over 200,000 children.

How long can I purchase coverage and can I cancel it if I need to?

The plan is purchased in full month increments and can be cancelled at any time. If you want to cancel coverage you must submit your request in writing and e-mail it to

Are routine physicals and immunizations covered?

Yes. Routine physicals as well as immunizations/vaccinations are covered under the plan. To find out more about the benefits, please contact

How do I file a claim?

You should present your member ID card to the provider (doctor) at the time of your visit and they can file the claim electronically. At any time you can check the status of your claim by visiting the claims administrator website.

Do I have to see a specific doctor?

No. However, there is a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) available to use and the Preferred Providers allow the Covered Person to maximize the benefits offered under the Plan. A Preferred Provider Organization consists of hospitals, doctors, ancillary and other health care providers organized into a Network for the purpose of delivering quality health care at affordable rates. You are not required to utilize the services of the Network Provider. However, if you do, your out-of-pocket expenses may be less.

Can I get my prescriptions filled anywhere?

You are not required to fill your prescriptions at a Express Scripts Participating Pharmacy. However, if you do, your out-of-pocket expenses may be less. Prescriptions can be filled at a Express Scripts Participating Pharmacy. Covered persons must show their insurance identification card to the Pharmacy as proof of coverage. Your group number and identification number is on your ID Card. No claim forms are necessary for prescriptions.

How do I obtain a new ID card if I lose the original?

To Print ID Card Simply click the Print ID Card button below and then select Click HERE to Reprint your ID Card. Print ID Card.

Who can I talk to about my claim?

ACI has a dedicated claims concierge service for our plan which you can contact to assist with any claim issue that may arise. The number to call is 1-800-715-7261.

Do I need to have my medical ID card with me when I go to the doctor, hospital or pharmacy?

Yes, you must present your medical ID card in order for your claim to be processed electronically.

Attention College Students: If you are interested in ISM's International College Student Accident and Sickness coverage please contact Tascha Gourley for more information and an enrollment application, or click here to enroll online.

Learn More

This coverage is designed for students in grades K-12. Not all coverage is available in all states. Please contact us for details of coverage options in your state. Contact ISM's International Student Accident and Sickness Administrator, Tascha Gourley by email, or call 302-656-4944.

Connect with ISM: