Where can I find specialized Long Term Disability insurance for my school?
ISM's Independent School Group Life and Disability Insurance Trust (IS/IT Trust®) provides group Life and Disability Insurance specifically designed for private-independent schools.
It Matters. Here's Why.
- In the workplace, it's more important to provide Long Term Disability than Life Insurance! Why? An employee under age 65 is much more likely to become disabled than he or she is to die. This insurance protects the income of disabled employees and their families. Employees want disability insurance. If your school doesn't offer it, hard-to-retain staff may go to another school that offers this important protection. Consider the financial challenges. Without LTD, many schools are forced to continue paying salaries to disabled employees, and pay their replacements.
- All rise! Beware of legal ramifications. If you do continue paying salary to a disabled employee, you set a precedent. When the next employee becomes disabled, you'll pay again. It's a dangerous (and expensive) cycle. With LTD insurance in place, all eligible employees are protected.
The ISM Difference
- An extraordinary perk: An employee need not be in poor health or disabled to utilize the Employee Assistance Program. This free, confidential program was created to assist all employees (and their families) with workplace and life issues.
- The EAP covers a wide range of topics and is part of the ISM package. Other companies consider this an "option." Translated: "Options" usually come with a cost.
- Extended protection is available for key administrators who regularly work more than 40 hours per week.
- Over 350 schools and nearly 20,000 insureds use IS/IT buying power to reap the rewards of custom coverage with the A.M. Best "A-" rated (Excellent) carrier.
- ISM's focus is on policy private-independent schools: We've been specializing in the industry for three decades.
- Superior Customer Service is synonymous with ISM. We're most proud of our advocacy role. Our staff will assist you with every aspect of your plan.
To learn more about ISM's Independent School Group Life and Disability Trust, email ISM Director, Independent School Group Insurance Trust Lori Leonard, or call , 302-656-4944 for more details.