Reports to: Survey Manager
Department: Advisory Services
Date: May 2019
Mission: ISM is dedicated to the advancement of school management. We provide creative strategies by combining extensive research, proven management techniques, and personalized service.
Core Purpose: Advancing School Leadership—Enriching the Student Experience
Overview: ISM offers consulting, research, professional development, insurance, and financial aid and scheduling software for private independent schools in the United States and abroad.
This professional is responsible for ensuring that all survey data reports are complete and accurate. Handles and prepares the data for formatting, codes text, generates tables, charts, and graphs, and designs and assembles the final report for the client or consultant. Also responsible for generating data reports and summaries for ISM internal use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Close survey and prepare data for reporting
- Recode survey as necessary for accurate computations
- Generate preliminary data summary in Qualtrics and export to other software (including Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro) to create charts, tables, cross-tabulations, and graphics
- Code open-ended text and create text frequency summaries in Word
- Develop data fact sheets, summaries, Power Point slides, tables, graphs, and charts as requested for ISM internal use
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand reporting needs and highly skilled at handling data
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in survey or research-related field preferred
- Expert-level skills in MS Office (including the ability to concatenate, generate formulas over a wide array of spreadsheets, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey software preferred
- Inherent attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to examine responses to open-ended comments and synthesize ideas for text analysis
- Thorough and highly organized
- Patient and persistent – willing to repeat a task as many times as necessary to “get it right”
- Visibly takes pride in producing professional and high-quality work that reflects ISM excellence
- Ability to sustain focus on one task for an extended period of time
- Extreme commitment to data privacy, data integrity, and client confidentiality
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
ISM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. ISM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Survey Specialist in the subject line.
Independent School Management
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806