Reports to: Survey Product Manager
Date: April 2021
Mission: ISM is dedicated to the advancement of school management. We provide creative strategies by combining extensive research, proven management techniques, and personalized service.
Core Purpose: Advancing School Leadership—Enriching the Student Experience
Overview: ISM offers consulting, research, professional development, insurance, and financial aid and scheduling software for private independent schools in the United States and abroad.
The Survey Specialist plays a vital role in maintaining a productive relationship between ISM and its survey clients by guiding and educating them on survey design. Acting as an ambassador between clients and ISM, the Survey Specialist communicates with clients and assists them, over the phone and via email, in survey setup, launch and finalization of the final survey output, supported by 40+ years of ISM research and theory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build and maintain clients while providing genuine, friendly, personable and professional customer service.
- Respond to client questions or concerns, by seeking clarification from the customer; determining any appropriate next steps, as appropriate.
- Responsible for all incoming survey requests both internally (tied with consultations or the sales team) and externally (directly from client schools), and onboarding clients into the survey process, corresponding to their needs
- Ability to handle inquiries from multiple sources, as noted above, while ensuring deadlines are met, and mistakes are minimal.
- Responsible for communication with the client, at all times.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and survey participants.
- Use Salesforce to track clients and survey status.
- Provide support for Survey Product Manager, as needed.
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in survey or research-related field preferred
- Expert-level skills in MS Office (including the ability to concatenate, generate formulas over a wide array of spreadsheets, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Qualtrics or other survey software preferred
- Inherent attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to examine responses to open-ended comments and synthesize ideas for text analysis
- Thorough and highly organized
- Patient and persistent – willing to repeat a task as many times as necessary to “get it right”
- Visibly takes pride in producing professional and high-quality work that reflects ISM excellence
- Extreme commitment to data privacy, data integrity, and client confidentiality
- Understand reporting needs and skilled at handling data
- Strong work ethic
- Professional communication skills
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven customer support experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including written and verbal
- Ability to be a self-starter, work well independently and in a team environment
- A willingness to learn new systems, skills and adapt quickly
- Tech-savvy--comfortable using email, spreadsheets, Google Docs, navigating array of systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
ISM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
ISM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com and enter Survey Specialist in the subject line.
Independent School Management
2207 Concord Pike, #417
Wilmington, DE 19803