Reports to: Executive Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Date: July 2021
Mission: ISM is dedicated to the advancement of school management. We provide creative strategies by combining extensive research, proven management techniques, and personalized service.
Core Purpose: Advancing School Leadership—Enriching the Student Experience
Overview: ISM offers consulting, research, professional development, insurance, and financial aid and scheduling software for private independent schools in the United States and abroad.
The FAST Developer plays a vital role in maintaining the existing software and applications. Additionally, the FAST Developer will use industry best practices to develop, deploy and test new features, modules and bug fixes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the design, development, and operations of the financial aid platform
- Follow software development best practices
- Ensure proper test coverage of new features, unit tests and/or integration tests
- Work closely with Product Owners and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements
- Deliver on software features and capabilities that align with business needs
- Collaborate with team members in the continued support and development of the software platform
- Create proper documentation in support of the product
- Address client production support issues in a timely manner
- Integrate with external services
- Build automated black box integration tests
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ Years of experience in developing web applications
- Experience with Laravel/PHP and familiarity with a range of other technologies, such as Angular, Node JS, or Java, Bash, Python
- Experience working in a Cloud-based (i.e., AWS) development and production environment
- Experience with containerization as either a development environment or deployment strategy
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile project environment
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working with and guiding offshore development teams
- Familiarity with both asynchronous and synchronous design patterns
- Familiarity with debugging network connectivity issues within AWS
- Familiarity with REST
- Work within a CI/CD environment (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, etc.)
- Experience with Gatling, Fitnesse, Selenium, Karate test frameworks
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
ISM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
ISM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Independent School Management
2207 Concord Pike, #417
Wilmington, DE 19803