This workshop is specifically for Upper School Deans of Students. We also offer a workshop for Middle School Deans of Students, taking place July 15–18, 2018 in Wilmington, DE.
Your work as Upper School Dean of Students must balance working as an advocate for the students and as a disciplinarian to support the school culture. Explore this position through case studies, role play, small group work, research and presentations, and large group discussions.
Design a custom action plan that you can immediately implement in your school, incorporating peer input as well as proven ISM strategies and resources. Manage every aspect of your ever-growing job and its responsibilities with confidence, keeping students first in everything you do.
- Learning about diverse discipline systems—including differing philosophies supporting discipline, legal issues, and ethical concerns
- Developing a school culture that encourages student engagement through mission-focused decision-making that supports adolescent growth
- Evaluating your personal leadership style and methods for developing faculty and student leaders in your school community
- Learning how to enhance your work relationships with colleagues and parents alike, no matter how difficult or complex the situation
- Discussing the details and benefits of retreats, orientations, honor systems, student leadership programs, and assemblies
- Creating a crisis management plan
- Discovering a network of Deans to rely on for policies, ideas, information, and support in the years to come
Who Should Attend:
Upper School Deans of Students should attend.