Department Chairs provide an essential bridge between senior leadership and classroom teachers. In this workshop, learn strategies for exercising leadership so that your department achieves your school’s mission with excellence.
Work collaboratively with other participants to gain an understanding of leadership and how it connects to your role as Department Chair. Develop effective communication skills and learn how to manage the department’s staff, budgets, and curriculum. Return to campus with improved organization and communication skills, and the tools to conduct student and curriculum reviews, mentor a growth-driven faculty, and facilitate change.
- Examining leadership challenges, critical interpersonal competencies for leaders, and changes that occur as teachers become school leaders
- Learning techniques for managing your time and paper flow
- Creating effective strategies for departmental management, curricular design, and communication
- Cultivating a peer network to leverage for advice and insight for the rest of your career
- Developing mission-appropriate processes for curriculum development and review, quality instructional techniques, and student assessment and management
- Discussing current issues in education
Who Should Attend:
Department Chairs with up to three years of experience, and those with up to five years looking for new insights and peer networking should attend.