Middle School Heads and administrators must provide support for their students, as well as fair and thoughtful discipline leading to character development. Attend this workshop to create an experiential and practical roadmap to help support these goals and more. This workshop takes an active and reflective approach to learning based on research, group activities, and individual projects.
Workshop leaders will pay attention to your individual challenges, while facilitating a strong cohort among all participants. You’ll leave with an action plan on how to move your middle school community forward—and a group of peers to provide support and collegiality long after the workshop concludes.
- Delving into the latest research about effective leadership—and analyzing your personal leadership style with new understanding
- Learning how to apply your school’s mission as a guide to decision-making and policy implementation
- Discussing the unique characteristics of middle school-aged children, especially as it impacts curriculum, character development, and discipline
- Exploring current theory on educational best practices in middle school curriculum, diversity, technology, and innovative learning
- Learning how to facilitate effective teacher coaching, growth, and development
- Developing an action plan for the coming year which incorporates your personal strengths while outlining specific job responsibilities through responsibility prioritization
Who Should Attend:
Both new and experienced Middle School Heads should attend. This workshop also benefits aspiring Middle School administrators.