Take your insight, knowledge, and experience to the next level by spending an intensive week with a group of fellow upper school Division Heads. Explore your personal leadership style while analyzing and reflecting on strategies for evaluating faculty, navigating school change, promoting a healthy school culture, and strategic scheduling. You’ll also consider how to best handle delicate situations and conversations, as well as develop your school’s approach to diversity, inclusion and equity.
Through review of recommended processes, case studies, and discussions, you’ll walk away from this workshop with the knowledge to approach your administrative leadership duties deliberately, rather than relying on “gut instinct.”
- Learning what it means to infuse your school’s mission within your work as a Division Head
- Developing an effective team of Deans, Department Chairs, Athletic Directors, and other staff you can rely to deliver your division’s education with excellence
- Hiring, evaluating, and coaching faculty and staff to foster professional growth and a positive school culture
- Managing the pressures felt by students, teachers, and parents in an increasingly competitive college counseling landscape
- Supporting your school’s priorities and programs through your daily schedule and academic calendar using innovative scheduling strategies
- Empathetically and constructively handling challenging situations and conversations with colleagues, students, and parents to prune budding problems before they blossom into major conflicts
- Identifying prioritized goals for the first few weeks, opening months, and for the full academic year
Who Should Attend:
Upper School Division Heads and Principals should attend.