Only offered in alternate years ... don't miss out!
The Assistant Head’s job description is highly varied and can even change significantly year-to-year. This role requires flexibility, confidence, people skills, and a wide working knowledge of school operations.
Gain a fresh perspective on how to perform your critical support function, maximizing your relationship with your School Head and improving your overall leadership skills. Become a true pillar of support to assist the School Head in leading your school effectively.
- Understanding the responsibilities of the Assistant Head, including how to anticipate the needs of your School Head.
- Learning the fundamentals of non-academic school operations, including financial management, purchasing, fundraising, and marketing.
- Recognizing how other administrators relate to the Head’s office.
- Orchestrating your relationships with the school’s leadership groups, such as the Board and parents.
- Discovering how to fill in for the Head when necessary.
- Creating a plan for the new school year.
Who Should Attend:
Both new and established Assistant Heads who are looking to improve their school leadership skills should attend.