An understanding of the components of an effective development operation—and how those components interface with your school’s strategic priorities—is critical to your success as a Development Director.
Whether you’re new to the position or need to adapt your current skills to an independent school context, this workshop provides training and support as you define your individualized priorities and create your action plan for the coming year. This workshop covers fundamental concepts, provides you with general knowledge of the wide range of responsibilities in a typical Development Office, and delivers an understanding of priorities so that you can strategically drive your program.
- Gaining a solid understanding of foundational private-independent school development and fundraising theory
- Understanding how development fits into the overall advancement efforts of your school
- Supporting your Trustees as champions of all of your fundraising efforts
- Identifying your professional and volunteer leadership teams
- Developing donor-centered annual and campaign programs
- Discovering the role of volunteer programs and special events in promoting community and philanthropic giving
- Learning effective strategies for data management, analysis, logistics and partnering with your Business Office
- Setting priorities and developing your action plan for the new school year
- Engaging in peer-to-peer and group role playing and problem-solving
- Meeting one-on-one with the workshop leaders
Who Should Attend:
Directors of Development who are new to their positions or new to private-independent schools and Development Office staff with cross-functional responsibilities or future director expectations should attend.