This workshop earns 30 credits towards your BCP credit requirements
Your students, families, and community expect a well-functioning, safe, and welcoming school campus that helps facilitate their learning experience. Attend this workshop to learn how to efficiently manage and maintain your school facilities.
Learn many tools and strategies to evaluate, plan, and manage an effective facilities program. Attendees also create a custom action plan for short-term and long-term operations of school buildings, including reference materials to guide future decisions with proven ideas and practices.
- Cultivating your vision, leadership, and mission in the facilities department
- Creating a plan to manage staffing, organization, and prioritization
- Learning how to manage third parties and contract work effectively
- Discovering how to perform condition assessments and facilities audits
- Preparing realistic short- and long-term budgets
- Managing capital planning, tracking operations costs, and executing life-cycle cost analysis
- Determining how you can best create a preventative maintenance or sustainability program
- Ensuring your school’s risk management, crisis planning, and safety & security documents are up-to-date
Who Should Attend:
Facilities Managers and Business Officers who oversee their school’s facility operations should attend.