Research-based approaches every professional needs to know to improve enrollment, retention, fundraising, and marketing strategies.
Current Trends & Strategies
Recommended COVID-19-related strategies, where applicable, to help you lead from a position of strength during this unprecedented time.
A Clear Focus
Clarity of individual responsibilities, departmental goals, and your school’s mission has never been more important. Ensure you have the tools to surpass your goals for the 2020–21 school year.
Choose Your Pass
Standout and Mark Your Achievements
Administrators who complete the Academy will earn credits toward ISM International Advancement Certification Program (IACP). IACP offers the industry’s only interdisciplinary set of credentials that recognizes learning across the areas of admission, enrollment management, development, and marketing communications in private-independent schools. Learn more about the program and its benefits here.
Choose From 40 Session Topics
- From Vision to Reality: Creating a Strategic Planning Framework for Your School Trending
- Becoming a Change Agent: How to Lead When You're Not the Boss Trending
- How to Create a More Diverse and Inclusive Approach to Advancement
- Nurturing a Culture of Hospitality Across Your Campus Trending
- The Head and the Board: Their Critical Roles in Advancement
- The Role of Board Committees in Sustaining Your School
- Why Some Advancement Teams Thrive, While Others Just Survive
- Leading Your Team After a Reduction in Force Trending
- Admission Funnel Forensics: Strategies to Increase Your Yield
- Beyond Onboarding: Maximizing Engagement of New Families
- Financial Aid Decision-Making in the Wake of COVID-19 Trending
- Your Primary Marketplace Stance in a Blended Learning World Trending
- Creating Buzz: Expanding Your Word-of-Mouth Marketing Efforts Through Ambassador Programs
- On-Campus or Virtual School Day Visits that Dazzle!
- Your Enrollment Management Team: The Shared Accountability Approach
- Empower Faculty to Be Frontline Recruiters and Re-Recruiters
- Insights from the Crisis-Driven Distance-Learning Parent Satisfaction Survey Trending
- Shift to Continuous Enrollment to Boost Retention
- International Student Enrollment: New Documentation Requirements
- International Student Recruitment Do's and Don't's Trending
- Bring Order to Fundraising Chaos to Maximize Your School's Giving Potential
- Searching for the Holy Grail: Defining, Establishing, and Nurturing a Culture of Philanthropy Trending
- Your Annual Fund Adventure Trending
- Rethinking Unrestricted Annual Giving
- How to Create a Robust Alumni Program that Delivers ROI
- Do You Really Need to Do a Capital Campaign? Re-e-eally?
- Keys to Building and Nurturing a Productive Development Volunteer Corps
- The Donor Cycle: Before The Ask—Identify, Engage, Evaluate
- The Donor Cycle: The Ask and Beyond—Solicit, Recognize, Steward
- Donor Retention: Love the Ones You're With!
- Beware the Dangers of the Homegrown Survey
- Create a Strategic Marketing Communications Plan With This Step-by-Step Guide
- Harry Potter and the Process of Branding
- How to Distinguish Yourself in a Competitive Marketplace
- What to Do When a School Crisis Goes Social Trending
- Google and Facebook Data: Here's What You Need to Know
- Video Production for Everyone
- How to Craft a Winning Social Media Strategy
- How to Create Your First Lead Magnet
- Launch a Blog That Generates New Family Inquiries Trending
Meet the Faculty: Learn from Experts, Mentors, and Practitioners
Experts help you improve your approach with knowledge backed by 45 years of research and experience.
Mentors answer your questions and provide guidance.
Practitioners have significant experience in private education, many serving at the director level in schools around the country today.
Scroll to see more →
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you register, you’ll be provided with login credentials to access the sessions. You can choose the live sessions you want to attend, and will receive the recordings from the sessions you attend after the event. Sessions will be structured with an hour for live presentations and roughly 15 minutes for Q&A.
Each attendee will receive recordings for the sessions they attend after the Summit ends, with a maximum of eight recordings per attendee. Additional recordings will be available for purchase after the event.
Additional recordings will be available for purchase after the event.
Attendees will receive information on how to attend each session after purchasing the pass of their choice.
We believe teams that attend professional development together are better equipped to implement new concepts and strategies. Team members must purchase their own individual passes but they can be different. Team members can choose their own sessions to attend and learn about what interests them most. We do offer second person pricing. Your team can then meet before and after the day’s sessions to discuss what you’ve learned.
Attendees who purchase the Mentor and Action Plan Pass receive all the benefits of the General Plan, along with:
- Meeting with your mentor before the Summit begins to discuss your challenges and opportunities. You’ll work together to select the Summit sessions you want to attend.
- Taking part in the live sessions, joining the affinity groups, and receiving recordings for the sessions you attend, just as the General Pass attendees do.
- A midweek virtual happy hour with the Advancement Summit faculty and other MAP Pass participants.
- Meeting with your mentor daily the week after the Summit to discuss what you learned and create your action plan for the 2020–21 school year. You’ll also have the chance to engage with other ISM Consultants throughout the week.
- Quarterly check-ins with your mentor throughout the 2020-21 school year to discuss progress on your action plan.
There are limited spots available for the Mentor and Action Plan Pass, so be sure to get yours quickly. We’re happy to pair school leaders who want to attend together with the same mentor, but each attendee will need to purchase his or her own pass. There is second person pricing for the MAP pass, if two team members from your school would like to work with a mentor.
We recognize that the world has changed dramatically. We wanted to make this event as affordable as possible for everyone who wants to learn foundational and new strategies to advance their school’s mission. Therefore, we’ve created one low price for the General Pass at $998, with second person pricing at $777, and an optional upgraded Mentor and Action Plan Pass at $3,199, with second person pricing at $2,978.
Yes! Gold dollars can be applied toward 25% of your total purchase.