Time: 3:00pm ET
Webinar length: 60 minutes
Many teachers feel exhausted, undervalued, and, in some cases, even burnt out as a result of the pandemic. It may seem counterintuitive to consider a new faculty growth and evaluation process right now when your teachers are already feeling exhausted—but in reality, teachers need the predictability and support offered by ISM’s framework now more than ever.
Discover how administrators can lift faculty up with a growth process that is designed to energize and renew. This framework is built on a foundation of clear expectations that fosters the predictability needed for real growth to occur. As one teacher described it:
“ISM lifts the role of teacher to the professional status it deserves, while freeing Leadership Teams from traditionally ‘muddy’ evaluative procedures and empowering them to lead the profession toward helping grow and support the people at its heart—the students.”
- Are you overwhelmed at the prospect of overhauling your faculty growth and evaluation system?
- At the same time, do you feel your current system isn’t working, despite numerous well-intentioned efforts?
- Do you want to adequately support your teachers, without adding additional stress or work to their already full plates?
Many school evaluation systems are either too simplistic or overly complicated, making it difficult to annually support every teacher. Often too much emphasis is put on “evaluating,” leaving little time for thoughtful coaching and growth.
This webinar will provide an overview of ISM’s most up-to-date approach to faculty growth and evaluation. Our methods are based on a research-enriched approach to challenges we have seen administrators and teachers face within traditional systems. Learn to implement a sustainable evaluation system that ensures excellence and a growth plan that makes a difference in the classroom. Attendees will also receive samples and forms to customize for their schools.
You will learn how to:
- understand the purpose and desired outcomes of faculty evaluation and growth;
- avoid the biggest mistakes schools make in approaching evaluation and growth;
- implement evaluation that is easy, efficient, and effective, leaving time for coaching and growth; and
- get teachers on board and excited.
After this webinar, you’ll be:
- prepared to share why evaluation and growth can’t be combined and why observation is not synonymous with evaluation;
- ready to improve your faculty growth and evaluation system;
- able to identify what elements a great system requires; and
- confident in your ability to take your current approach from ordinary to extraordinary.
This webinar is for:
Academic administrators, including School Heads, Division Heads, Academic Deans, Deans of Faculty, Department Chairs, and others who work closely with faculty.
ISM Director of Organizational Learning and Development | Consultant
Barbara provides her expertise in the areas of organizational systems and culture, academic leadership, employee evaluation and growth, student-centered and brain-based pedagogy, survey design, and data analysis.
As Consultant and Director of Organizational Learning and Development, Barbara:
- coordinates growth and leadership development programs for ISM employees;
- tracks and curates ISM principles and curriculum;
- consults; writes for Ideas & Perspectives; co-authors books; and conducts webinars in her areas of expertise;
- facilitates workshops such as ISM’s Engaging Students in an Extended Period, Support Student Success with Faculty Growth and Evaluation Teachers Love!, and Transformative Academic Leadership;
- presents at national and regional association conferences;
- provides one-on-one leadership coaching to academic administrators
- facilitates Board and school leadership retreats; and
- conducts school survey data presentations for employees, students, Boards, and parents.
Barbara joined ISM in 2011 after working in the field of education since 1996. She served as an ESL and adult literacy teacher at Boston University, MA; an upper school modern language teacher at the MacDuffie School, MA; and a language teacher and lead advisor at Collegiate School, VA. She also served as Academic Dean at Cape Henry Collegiate School, VA, where she oversaw curriculum and professional growth in grades PK−12.
While enrolled at Shady Side Academy in Pittsburgh, she attended a year of high school in France through School Year Abroad. She later lived in Spain and Brazil, where she learned Spanish and Portuguese.
Barbara holds a bachelor’s degree in French and Spanish from Trinity College, CT; a master’s degree in applied linguistics from Boston University, MA; a master’s degree in educational administration from Harvard University, MA; and a master’s degree in independent school leadership from the Klingenstein Center at Teachers College, Columbia University, NY.
Personal Mission Statement
For all beings to be seen, heard, and valued.
If several of us at the school want to attend the webinar, do we each have to register and pay?
If two or more people at your school want to attend the webinar in the same location (for example, in a conference room with one monitor), then you only need to register and pay for one person who will receive the email and link. If you have people in remote locations, each person will need to register and pay separately. Essentially, a registration and payment gives you one link to the webinar.
Will I receive a reminder about the webinar I’ve just purchased?
Yes. A message will be sent to the email address you registered one or two days before the run date. You will receive a link to the webinar as well as PDF slides of the presentation you will be attending.
What happens if I miss my webinar? Will the fee be refunded?
If you’ve missed your scheduled webinar, don’t panic—you will automatically receive a link to the recorded webinar, barring any technical difficulties that prevent us from recording the session.
Will I receive a recorded version of the webinar after it concludes?
Yes, a recording of your webinar will be sent 24–48 hours after the recording concludes.
What if I have questions about the presentation? Whom do I contact?
You will be able to type questions, thoughts, and concerns in the communication box throughout the webinar. Each webinar allows 15 minutes for answering questions.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
We will correspond with you through email as soon as your workshop is confirmed, no later than two weeks prior to its start date. Occasionally, we may be forced to cancel an unconfirmed, scheduled workshop due to insufficient registration. So we ask that you do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive notice that your workshop is confirmed. (ISM will not be responsible for any change/cancellation charges assessed by your airline or travel agent.)
Tuition Payment and Cancellation Policy for In-Person, Group-based Programs
Tuition must be paid in full 10 business days prior to the start date of the in-person, group-based program. An attendee with a balance due on the start date will be denied entrance to the program until the balance is paid in full.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com, faxing to 302-656-0647, or mailing to: Professional Development Coordinator, ISM, 2207 Concord Pike, #417 Wilmington, DE 19803.
- Cancellations received more than 15 business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Gold Dollars will also be fully refunded.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made less than 15 business days before the start of the program. For registrations paid for with membership Gold Dollars, the member school will receive a 50% refund of Gold Dollars.
- Non-payment of tuition or no-show to the event does not constitute a cancellation. Full tuition will be due and payable.
The Substitution Option and Wallet Option
Should an attendee need to cancel less than 15 days prior to the start date of the workshop, the school has two options to avoid penalty. Schools may also exercise these options at anytime for cancellations.
- The school may substitute another employee.
- The school may bank the funds for a future ISM registration. These funds must be applied to a professional development event within one year from the start date of the original workshop. After one year, the funds will be forfeited. To use banked funds, please call the Professional Development Coordinator at 302-656-4944 x152.
*We DO NOT accept enrollments from consultants.
ISM believes in providing quality and excellence in all of our events and in ensuring the satisfaction of everyone who attends. Nearly 100% of our participants say they would recommend our events to their colleagues. If you are not satisfied with your event for any reason, ISM will credit the fee you paid toward another similarly priced workshop or will refund it.
See our Confirm/Cancel policy here. If you have any questions, click below to send us an email.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
1/25/2021 — 1/29/2021
Student-Centered Scheduling Design
2/17/2021 — 2/18/2021
School Hiring Mastery: How to Create and Implement a Mission-Driven Hiring Plan